Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Favorite (Movie) Personal Trainers

I've met some inspiring personal trainers in the last couple years. I've also met some insecure, out of shape, elitist egocentric bullies, but they're easy enough to ignore, and as the commercial used to say "You could learn a lot from a dummy."

Anyhow, I thought, wouldn't it be great if you could hire a fictional personal trainer. I mean life is always better in the movies right? Well, if not better at least bigger. Here are my top three choices, if I could pick my own silver screen trainer.





Mick from the Rocky movies is top of my list. On the outside he's a broken, bent, cauliflower-eared old man. Inside, though, he's tougher than nails. He thinks outside the box, and doesn't need anybody's approval. He can keep you focused, make you stronger and faster; and still be there to talk you through those long, dark nights of the soul.





Next on my list: Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt from the film Fight Club.) I am all about the mind-body connection. Two-fisted philosophy has always appealed to me. Even though the movie didn't end well for him, and he went a bit nutso with the Project Mayhem stuff, I'd still hire Tyler as my personal trainer. I'd just keep him away from my wife.





Third on my list, because after all, someone as amazing and hardcore as myself needs three personal trainers. Yoda, not sure if that's his first name or last, or if he just has one name like Prince,Cher or Madonna. Yoda would be great to train with, but he'd be the toughest. Imagine working with a personal trainer who could read your thoughts. All excuses would be void. Plus, he's demanding. I remember as a kid watching Episode whatever, when Luke decides to cut out and go rescue his pals in Cloud City. Yoda was begging him, "You must continue the training...the training." He didn't listen, and look what happened- lost his hand and killed his own father in the next movie.

So the moral of the story is, whether you train with a fictional personal trainer, or a genuine badass warrior like me; keep your eye on your goals and never give up, never give up, never give up. (Winston Churchill would've been on my list, but he was even more out of shape than some of the trainers I know.)

1 comment:

  1. This story is informative to all,its helpful to maintain our body healthy and fit and fine.

    ReplyDelete