Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tough Sh*t by Kevin Smith

My review of Kevin Smith's book, Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good

Incredible read. As a fan of Kevin Smith, I knew it would be funny, but this book is much deeper than I was expecting. Pretty damn inspirational, really. If you've ever felt the sting of being judged for your weight, you're really going to sympathize with the chapter on his unfair treatment by Southwest Airlines. I named my firstborn son after George Carlin, so I loved the section on Kev Smith's relationship with the legend. He covers his film history without ever being boring. Also goes into detail on the creation of his podcasting empire. (If you've never listened to an episode of Smodcast, you should. It's the best cure for depression I know of.) Tough Sh*t entertains while getting across some of life's harder lessons. The beautiful independent spirit of the author's films is all over this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment