Saturday, November 2, 2013

My 2nd Marathon

In some ways my 2nd marathon was more difficult than my first. I certainly pushed myself, and trained harder than last year. Still haven't broken the 4 hour mark, but I came pretty close. I did the 26.2 miles in 4:03:42. In mile 9 I had a weird issue with my right hip flexor. It all the sudden went into a spasm, and for the first time ever I really thought I was going to have to quit. The idea of quitting made me feel kind of ill, so I kept running. I "breathed healing chi" into the injury. (The old martial arts idea that chi flows where the energy goes.) And of course I was Positive affirmationing my tail off.
So without any further drama, I completed the 2013 ING Hartford Marathon. One huge difference between this running and last year was I enjoyed a much speedier recovery time. I think it had a lot to do with being fifteen or so pounds lighter, and a better job of clean eating this year. I'm enjoying the fall weather now, and backing off a little from the distance running. Lately my focus has been on weight training, and yoga. Now that fall is here, I'm determined to avoid the trap of packing on off season pounds. My personal training biz is going well lately. That helps me to walk my talk, and stay on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment